Sunday, March 1, 2009

I will remember...

i am having one of those moments. A moment when you try to be rational and you don't even know where to begin. The day was busy with activity...but now it is quiet. I look around at all the to-do piles accompanied by the long to-do list rolling in my head and I feel a little dizzy. I stare, hoping that if I think hard enough I can will everything to be finished. Staring and chocolate can only go so far and then I see it... It's a paper from a dear friend of mine that is titled, "I Will Remember God's Truth." Like salve to my soul, I read it again and again. It reads like this...

I Will Remember God’s Truth

I will run the race with perseverance and fix my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of my faith. I will consider Jesus, so that I will not grow weary and lose heart; Heb 12:2-3

I will not be haunted by apprehension.
I will take a deep spiritual breath and remember what God says:

THE LORD IS my Shepherd- I shall not want; Ps 23

THE LORD IS my Helper- I will not fear; Heb 13:5

THE LORD IS near – Do not be anxious about anything; Phil 4:6

THE LORD IS my Rock, Fortress, and Deliverer.
My God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge – 2 Sam 22:2-3

THE LORD IS my Strength and my Shield – Ps 28:7

THE LORD YOUR GOD IS with you – Zep 3:17

YOU ARE MY GOD my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long! – Ps 25:5

The piles and to-do list are still there, but I know God's Truths are what got me through yesterday, will get me through today, tomorrow...always!

No comments:

Post a Comment