Friday, February 20, 2009

The On-Time-Girl

Today, my 80 year old grandmother who lives in Wyoming, called and said, "Callie girl, I haven't received your package."
I sighed inwardly and apologetically said, 'Oh Grandma, it's not lost in the mail. I'm sorry. I haven't sent it yet." Now understand, it has been on my to do list since Christmas. I still have her Christmas card, her birthday card from Feb 2, and Valentine card and they are all ready to go. So I asked her, "Is it okay if we now make this gift your Saint Patrick's Day present?" She giggled and was okay with that. But I am not. I always have great intentions for fun surprises, only to realize I've missed the date again! How is it that some people have a knack for getting every where they need to be and everything where it needs to be on time? I guess I've given up hope on ever being "the on-time-girl." Some of my best -a ha moments, are after the fact and I hold true to the belief that things happen for a reason...even my tardiness.
Grandma, it's coming soon...mom said look for it by July 4th. I Love you.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! and I love that you are writing and you do a great job!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete