Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bouquets of Marigold -- Making Humanity My Business

During the Christmas rush I was forced to slow down. I recently reconnected with an old friend, only to discover that my friend is battling breast cancer. A young mother of two…she is now facing the fight of her life. Upon hearing the news I had to pause. I put away my to-do list, set aside my Christmas cards and took stock of all my blessings: my husband, children, family, health and friends.

During this busy, but beautiful season, it is so easy to get wrapped up in all the excitement and forget to count your blessings. Hearing my friend’s condition reinforced the importance of celebrating the everyday – making every moment of every life count.

It is my Christmas wish that you all take a moment to pause – to reflect on your blessings and give thanks for the gifts that we have. I can say honestly that you all are a blessing to me. The stories I hear everyday inspire me – to continue to design crowns for all the wonderful women in this world fighting for their families and their health.

If the spirit of the season moves you, Marigold gives a portion of its proceeds to benefit cancer foundations, fighters and survivors. Marigold loves to give “bouquets of Marigolds” to those women who have recently undergone cancer surgery and need a crown to remind them of all their blessings and give them the extra encouragement to keep fighting the good fight. If you have a loved one who is a warrior, please contact me. We love to give bouquets of Marigolds for her to wear during her fight.



May God bless you and keep you and yours safe and healthy in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment