Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Son Is....




It's 4 am and I just finished baking a birthday cake. I love this quiet time to catch up, to reflect, to pray.

Tonight, I am catching up and preparing for my oldest son's birthday celebration. It will be a busy day of celebrating with our family...celebrate his life we will. I can remember his birth like it was yesterday. Sweet Michael, we love you and are so proud of you. Watching you grow, and moments spent with you are pure joy. I love watching you build legos, shoot hoops, draw a picture, play soccer, love your brothers and sister, read a book and explore the world around you. I appreciate and applaud your organization because you certainly didn't get that from me. My heart is filled to the top with love for you! For you I wish this...

A son is...
a baby who is wished wondrous love;
a child who is wished endless joy;
a boy who is wished understanding and ever-widening circles of knowledge and friendship.

a teenager who is wished strength in any surroundings, courage in every circumstance, and a recognition of the wonders that await his tomorrows.

and a man, with paths to walk, with bridges to cross, with mountains to climb.

A son is an amazing combination of all of these things, and he's quietly thanked everyday of his life, for the priceless joy he brings. - Douglas Pagels

We love you son! Happy 8th Birthday!!!!

Pictures are once again taken by wonderful Nellie...see www.nellie-photography.com

2 comments:

  1. Love that boy and thanks for the great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Michael! I just can't believe he's 8 years old. He is such an amazing boy and you have so much to be proud of! Love you!

    ReplyDelete